Please send cover letter, resume, and one example of work that you are proud of and enjoyed doing (e.g. research paper, project, presentation, etc.) to email@example.com, and include job title (“Research Analyst”) in the subject line.
Latitude, a forward-thinking research firm located outside of Boston, is searching for a research analyst who has recently completed a program in the liberal arts/social sciences, with evidence of strong quant/formal reasoning aptitude (OR 1-2 years of relevant quantitative market research/consumer insights experience), to help the company design and execute custom studies for media and technology clients, as well as contribute to Latitude’s new product development and business expansion.
The right candidate will possess a combination of creativity, inquisitiveness, strong analytical skills and the ability to think strategically about our clients’ needs. A strong facility with quantitative reasoning is highly desirable, as is experience with one or more elements of the primary research process (e.g., design, fieldwork/logistics, and analysis). Experience with statistical analysis, statistical software packages, and data management is a plus. The ideal candidate would have excellent writing and presentation skills, with a knack for articulating complex ideas in ways that are clear, concise, and easy for a general audience to understand.
This position offers many opportunities for growth and professional development and is ideal for a candidate who is hoping to build his or her resume in a vibrant, cutting-edge company with an impressive client list in communications and technology (Panasonic, The New York Times, IBM/Lotus, NBC, MTV Networks, Nokia, Time Inc, T-Mobile, Verizon, Yahoo! News, etc.), as well as a growing body of creative, non-client research on future media and technology topics.
Our Analyst’s core areas of responsibility will be:
- Collaboratively developing study designs and working assigned projects across their entire lifecycles –from study proposals and study design through reporting and client presentation.
- Analyzing and interpreting research findings about our clients’ audiences, subscribers, users, and prospects.
- Working closely with Latitude’s content team on non-client research as needed (e.g., consulting on study methodology, writing and editing surveys, helping with data cleaning, data management, and reporting, etc.)
- Other project-related tasks as assigned, including conducting background research, coordinating fieldwork, programming surveys, and communicating directly with study participants and clients.
If interested, our Analyst will also have the opportunity to:
- Help our Innovations Team develop new research approaches using a variety of online technologies and tools – thus contributing to the design and application of proprietary new research software.
- Contribute to Latitude’s business development and marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate would have:
- A four-year degree in the social sciences and up to 2 years of experience as a quantitative analyst in the market research field (experience with tech and/or media clients is desirable but not required; experience working on syndicated research would also be a plus). Note: This is an entry-level position. We encourage applicants with more than two years of relevant experience to consider our Research Strategist position.
- Familiarity using SPSS or similar statistical analysis programs.
- Background in statistics.
- High level of competency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An interest in design, data visualization, and content creation.
- A deep understanding of the web and a passion for new web technologies and applications.
- An interest in new technologies, media/entertainment, and related trends.
- An interest in/or experience with qualitative research (focus groups, in-person and phone interviewing, etc.) is desirable but not required.
- A four-year college degree.
- Experience programming surveys (especially Sawtooth or Vision Critical), an aptitude for visual design, and experience editing video, are all desirable but not required.
Salary, title, and level of responsibility commensurate with experience and qualifications. We are open to further developing this position around the right candidate’s skills and experience.
Latitude is an international research consultancy dedicated to helping clients envision and create the future through web-based innovation. We are a vibrant, innovative company with an impressive client list (AOL, ESPN, MTV Networks, NBC, Nokia, Scripps Networks, The Learning Co., TimeInc, Turner Networks, Verizon, Yahoo, etc.) and the desire and willingness to take chances and move in interesting new directions in the digital landscape, with an eye toward positive social outcomes.
We encourage creativity and initiative – and value intelligence over convention. Our egalitarian atmosphere balances employee autonomy with team collaboration. Positions at Latitude offer and encourage work-related travel and substantial professional growth, and the opportunity to work with and help develop the leading ideas and emerging technologies of our day.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org