How can a leading American kids cable network improve its programming and marketing?
Case Study: Lumière Program Evaluation
We developed best practices for marketing, programming and scheduling to help drive greater program awareness, deeper engagement, and audience share.
Areas of Focus
- Evaluating key program elements (e.g., characters, plot lines, themes) that drive kids’ engagement and enjoyment
- Understanding how kids perceive client’s programming against major competitors
- Identifying the strongest scheduling opportunities
- Mining episode-level feedback for insight into potential high-impact marketing directions
- Large-scale quantitative study with over 4,000 kids, ages 6-11
- In-the-moment feedback via Lumière® interactive viewing activities to tag particularly funny, exciting, and enjoyable moments across 14 full episodes
- Post-viewing survey to dive into viewers’ perceptions of client’s programming, with a focus on likability and intent-to-view vs. key competitors
- Determined what worked and why for core viewing groups, with emphasis on story and characters across 7 in-season programs.
- Provided granular insight, broken out across several demos, into elements of story (e.g., characters, plots, humor) that drove high engagement and enjoyment, as well as those that fell a bit flatter
- Developed best practices for marketing, programming and scheduling to help drive greater program awareness, deeper engagement, and audience share